Dance Forward respects the privacy of all our customers and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We also respect the privacy of those who provide personal information to Dance Forward for other purposes such as enquiries and other reasons. We do not sell your personal information and we do not share your information with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Dance Forward Policy Overview
1. You are giving consent and opting in for Dance Forward to collect and use your personal information when you:
- Make a payment to attend a Dance Forward Course or workshop
- Make a payment to attend a Dance Forward Class including Private Lessons
- Make an enquiry about a Dance Forward Event, Course or Dance Lessons
- Download a booking form from our website.
- Subscribe to the Dance Forward e-newsletter and opt in for emails
- Participate in Dance Forward surveys
2. We collect your information both electronically and in paper format when you make requests in any of the following ways:
- On our website
- Directly over the telephone
- Via email
- From the Dance Forward survey forms you have returned to us
- From the details given on downloading a booking form from our website
3. By providing your personal information you are opting in for Dance Forward to use your information solely in a manner that will help us fulfil the request for which you provided the information.
What information do we collect from you?
- Telephone numbers (landline and mobile)
- Billing address if different to the above
- Details of courses attended
- Enquiries and feedback
- Interaction with our social media.
If you make a purchase on behalf of someone else, such as attendance on a Dance Forward Course, we will store your information and correspond with you and not the other party unless they give their express consent in writing for us to store their personal information.
Adults making payment for children must provide information of the purchasing adult as we do not collect children's personal information.
(The GDPR sets the age when a child can give their own consent to this processing as 16 years).
In addition, we reserve the right to collect details automatically about the pages you visit on our website.
Why do we collect your personal information?
- To fulfil your purchase and supply the goods or service you requested.
- To send you the marketing information you requested.
- To process your payment.
- To send you any other information you requested.
- To keep in touch with you if you have requested the Dance Forward e-newsletter or emails.
Keeping your information up to date:
- We will also do our best to keep your information up to date. This includes monitoring returned mail to let us know if you no longer live at the address we hold for you.
- Please help us to keep your information up to date by letting us know if you change address, phone number, email or other information that will help us keep your information accurate.
How long do we keep your personal information?
- We will only hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary after carrying out services you have opted in for. This may be up to two years unless we are required to hold it longer for legal or taxation reasons.
- If we dispose of your information it will always be done securely.
Who will have access to your information?
- Your information will be only be accessible to Dance Forward staff.
- We will not sell your personal information.
- We will only share your personal information if we are required to by law.
If you no longer want us to store your personal details you can ask us to stop at any time by contacting
70 Salters Hill
How to contact us to make an enquiry about the information we hold about you:
You have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
If you would like to make a subject access request you can do so by contacting us using the same details listed in Opting Out above.
We will reply with the details of the information we hold within 30 days of receiving your Subject Access Request.
This policy was last updated on 23 May 2018
(please check our website regularly for future updates)